AN INNOVATION OF SAFETY AND COMFORT from NASCO
Omega FR™ is specifically designed for high visibility protection from Arc and Flash Fire Hazards.
NASCO Omega FR™
Omega™ is the first waterproof, breathable outerwear product that combines high visibility worker conspicuity with protection from the thermal hazards associated with an electric arc flash and hydrocarbon flash fires.
Omega is designed for today’s rugged work environment.
- Arc Rated – ASTM F1891 & NFPA 70E Level 2
- Flash Fire Rated – ASTM F2733
- High Visibility Rated – ANSI 107 Type R, Class 3
- Comfort Rated – ASTM E96 & F1868
Omega FR™ will be your choice for rugged workwear.
Specifically designed for today’s rugged work environment.
Features & Benefits
- Removable Winter and Arctic Liners Available – transforms raingear into a 4-season garment
- ANSI 107 Class 3 Compliant – maximizes worker visibility
- Fall Protection Access – allows for easy use of fall protection harness
- Stain & Soil Release – allows garment to remain clean and highly visible
- Chemical Splash Resistance – minimizes burn injury from splash exposure of certain chemicals
- Electric Arc Resistance – minimizes burn injury from an electric arc flash
- Flash Fire Resistance – minimizes burn injury from a hydrocarbon flash fire
- Water & Wind Proof – protects workers from the elements
- Breathable & Lightweight – reduces worker heat stress
- Designed With Premier Features – maximizes worker functionality
- Multi-year Life Cycle – reduces overall program cost
- Download our Omega Feature Benefit Advantages
- Gas & Electric Utility Transmission & Distribution
- Telecommunication & CATV Workers
- Storm Restoration
- Electrical Maintenance
- Meter Service
- Electrical Switching
Fluorescent Lime Yellow
Side zipper access and expansion.
Hidden access for harness straps.
Half-elastic cuffs with Velcro® adjustment.
Omega FR™ 5000 Series Specific Material Data
|Omega FR outer Shell; Nomex® knit inside|
2 needle stitched and sealed with Nomex® tape
Fluorescent Lime Yellow (FY), Fluorescent Orange (FO)
Navy and Fluorescent Yellow (NFY), Navy and Fluorescent Orange (NFO)
3M™ Reflective material
Electric Arc Data
FY: Arc Rating (ATPV) 10.7 cal/cm²; HAF 81%; Breakopen 35 cal/cm²
FO: Arc Rating (ATPV) 11.8 cal/cm²; HAF 83%; Breakopen 36 cal/cm²
Navy: Arc (ATPV) 9.7 cal/cm²; HAF 76.8%; Breakopen >27 cal/cm²
|Navy/FY – HRC 2; Navy/FO – HRC 2|
Flash Fire Data
12.3% Body burn 3-second test exposure with 2 cal/cm² / second heat flux
|Fluorescent Lime Yellow and Fluorescent Orange 5000 Series are ANSI 107 Class 3 Level 2 compliant|
ASTM E96 8865 g/m²/24 hrs
ASTM 1868 Tests Pending
Omega FR™ 5000 Series Stock Items
8.5 oz/yd² Advanced Material trilaminate, ePTFE moisture barrier, Arc Resistant (ASTM F1891, NFPA 70E), Flash Fire Resistant (ASTM F2733), HiVis (ANSI 107-2010), Stitched and taped seams, waterproof, breathable, windproof, Made in the USA.
Nomex® is a registered trademark of DuPont. It is used under license by NASCO Ind.
3M and Scotchlite are trademarks of 3M.
NASCO has the ability to create high quality corporate images using ink silk-screening, single and multi-color heat transfers and reflective logos using 3M Scotchlite™ technologies.